Monday, January 5, 2009

The month that was ...


So we had an unexpected shut down at work- 2 weeks. Two whole weeks :).We had actually been Jamaica just the week before that( don't ask- we had planned this long before we knew about the break).The HD and I had such a relaxing and fun time there. We did not do ANY sight seeing. This is the first trip without any sight seeing.We are lucky because- we are both verrrrrrrrrry lazy, we both love to do nothing at all, we love the beaches( well, who doesn't) and there is never an argument about a holiday, if its on a beach.We both consciously tried to be extra nice to each other- because, hey, who wants to fight on a trip that we paid so much for?
In short, if one picture could summarize our vacation this would be it..

No this would be it..


Sorry - I like all of them- so here is the final one..*************************************************************************************
I was all set to clean the house and generally lounge around for the shut down- as HD did not have holidays.We got a surprise call from two of our closest friends from college (actually HD's best buddies) telling us that they were planning on visiting us for a week, from Christmas to New years. We were both surprised and elated! These guys are from our college, were HD's roomies in graduate school and in California for a couple of years. One of them , P, has actually been friends with HD since they were 10 years old! The other one V, got married recently to N and we haven't seen them since they ( both P and V) moved to the east coast. They arrived on Christmas day and we spent the whole day reminiscing old times and pulling each other's legs. It is wonderful how you can just fall back into that tempo with old friends- esp college friends.HD and I are lucky that we went to same the college- because all our friends are common friends :).
Poor N had bear with the four of us launching into random college stories and anecdotes.We decided to go to LA to meet another dear friend of ours ( S).It was, on the whole a fun trip to LA. We spent 3 days there, doing nothing but talking , reminiscing, teasing and playing pictionary. These 4 guys- S,V,P and HD were roomies in grad school and are pretty thick.After we all graduated, I came to live in California and so did these 4 guys. When ever I used to go to their place, they would have their own thing going on - chatting among themselves ,watching movies etc. I used feel like stranger in their house. As time went by, it grew on me and I got used to it. Poor N was shocked- she did not understand why the 4 of them would disappear into the room and play something or watch a movie, while the two of us( N and me) would be in the living room. I was happy reading a book and occasionally checking on the guys and getting involved in the teasing. It must have been tough on poor N. I was telling HD that I know how she feels- if I felt left out even though I knew these guys, must have been tough on her. I tried to tell her that they have gotten together after such a long time, so we should let them be.

The trip was over all too soon and we came back home right in time for New Year eve.After a day of sight seeing in SF ( for N's benefit), we were ready to go party ! We went to a nice club in SFO and welcomed the new year with fun,dancing and lots of romance :)We stayed up all night and dropped our friends off at the airport , very early in the morning.

Sigh! The vacation ended all too soon I feel..

Now My HD is traveling on business for a week and I am so blue without him. It is true that distance makes the heart grow fonder.The past two days, we have been chatting online like the old college days and reading our old emails to each other...sigh!I wait for him to come online and we talk like two crazy teenagers ;). We go back and forth between topics like movies,old anecdotes that we shared back in the day to plumbing issues in the house :P

*************************************************************************************
and lastly,
I am thankful for the following things in 2008:-

- My HD finally moved to my city!
- We bought a house!!
- Parents visited us!
- HD's bro came to the US for grad school. My Sis is already here- perfect! all we need is to convince the parents to move :)
- Fun vacations with both sets of parents and our own vacation to Jamaica
- Three dear dear friends gave birth to hale and healthy babies
- Healthy and happy family

Happy New year all of you..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year, Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had nice vacation and great 2008.

Happy 2009!

Ram Srinivasan said...

Eh! What ore romance. It is the same guy you married no. Not some other dude illa:) Edho chinna sirusinga nalla irunda seri.

And how can you tolerate having people in your house for one week? I find it irritating. You need to take care of them. And playing pictionary IS NOT fun.

Happy new year, Dharshadalluuuuuuuuuuuu

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun holiday and a great year!! :--)) Appy new year to you too!

MK said...

Wow...more happiness to follow this year Daisy :)

Anonymous said...

Great vacation pictures folks..!

You both rock!!

Just Like That said...

Hey! I found you again! :-D Happy new Year, girlie! Missed you, will be back to catch up in peace.

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

Can I email you at all? I want to ask you something. :--)

Anonymous said...

Oh god! its been ages that visited your blog. I have mine too. Not sure if I told u.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Life in Beach.

buy flowers