Morning Walks.
So, I decided it was high time I did something about my “lack of exercise”. Ever since childhood, up until grad school, I have always been skinny( * conveniently forgetting those two horrible teen years when I was chubby as a bear*)..I was never particularly active- I was always a fussy eater. When I ate, I ate all the wrong things- fried/ breaded/ rice- you name it!
Still, I was healthy and skinny. Fast forward to grad school times. No money= meager home made food, made by pampered girls who had never entered a kitchen in their lives.
Added to this, we did a looooooooooooooot of walking, again thanks to poor grad school student life.
Fast forward to working life in California- new found money/freedom and many many places to eat at. So, I ended up being “uncharacteristically” chubby.
Last year, thanks to the upcoming “big event of my life” wedding, I had the will power to diet and diet and loose almost all of the extra pounds.The difficult thing is to keep the pounds off.
I don’t want to diet any more- I love my rice and my Indian food. I cannot live on meals like “soy milk shake” or “ mixed vegetables”. Face it-I am a thayir sadam and vazhaikai vadhakal person( curd rice and plantain fry J).
So- I decided I have to get some form of exercise. I have been going to dance classes for the last year and a half. Its fun and strenuous- but it is only once a week. I have started to go for morning walks Brisk 2 miles in the morning , in 30 min. I know it is not much. It is such a big deal for me though- to wake 1 hr earlier in the morning. I love my sleep.
I am enjoying the walk immensely though (except for the waking up part- you get it :)).
The weather is beautiful now- cool fall breeze in the morning, fresh leaves and flowers, no traffic on the road. I love it.
Why am I ranting? Because, I need some motivation to keep this up.Maybe blogging about it will be motivation enough. Hopefully!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Twenty twenty World cup
What a series ! What a final! What a team!
Speechless!
When everybody thought that Team India would fail miserably after the Caribbean debacle and because the “Tri Murthys” are not playing, they have shown what team work and perseverance can do!
Personally, I was more thrilled by the Indian victory over the Aussies ( who have been such an arrogant lot) than the Pakistanis.
Chak de India!
Way to go boys! We all love you!
Leaving with one of Dhoni’s gems…
"Before I start I should say I read an article by you in Cricinfo. You'd said Australia were the favorites. Today I think me and the boys, we proved you wrong."Speaking to Ravi Shastri after India's victory over Australia in the semi-finals of the ICC World Twenty20.
You did- you proved the World wrong and in the process, made us immensely proud!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rude people – I don’t know how to handle them.At work . at public places
-the lady who ties to push her shopping cart and cuts across the queue
-the guy who stops way over the line at a stop sign and glares at you trying to walk across, as if it was your fault.
- People at who say very condescending things, when quite unnecessary.
- People who cut across lanes, without signaling and almost cause an accident.
How do I deal with them? Leaves me fuming..
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
8 comments:
Very nice ...keep up the gud work mam :)
BTW, when did you see the match :)
dallu-
dont be rude .. hmph!
Look forward to hear more about your morning walk :-)
wat do u do in the evenings???
i am not a big fan of morning walks..firstly bcos i'm nocturnal and find my energy only towards the later half of the day..secondly old habits die hard :(
hey have u heard of this hot water+lemon treatment???u drink this first thing in the morning and happily lose weight...tht may be was formulated by a lazy bum like me...and derz a fad abt garlic too....it helps lose bad cholestrol......neways,letz sweat it out :)
and wat abt this dance??wat form of dance is it??
and gud to c u active again..i meant the blog :)
actually i dropped by to say dharshudallu blog sth...and der u had already :)
-Meena.
@Loga,
Sure!!
Hola Meena!
In the evenings- I come home really late and so I just read a book/relax/ eat dinner / watch umpteen episodes of CSI Miami.
hot water + lemon- really? is that what you tried.. we need to talk!
Dance- Bollywood dance classes.. I love it.. it is so much fun!
nah i nevr tried it....am not as thin as u imagine....may be the capri makes me luk thinner...
bollywood dance classes!!!!!sounds like lotta fun...
-Meena
Post a Comment