Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend

So this weekend was- If I may say so- perfect( feeling slightly like Mr. OK :)).
Friday:- nothing major at work. Got home early ( 6pm!) after doing the necessary grocery shopping for the week.
Lazed on the couch till about 9pm. Made Adai batter for the next day and went to pick up HD at around 11pm.He has been travelling for the last 3 weeks and was so exhausted. I was just too happy to see him.Of course we had to have our customary parking lot argument :)- I don't remember what is was about.
Watched some TV and went to sleep.

Saturday:- Got up fairly early by my standards ( 10 am) and made adai and coconut chutney.This combined with fresh filter coffee-was just amazing, if I may say so myself.Both of us were reminded of home, when we ate the food.This is the first time I was making adai and I was happy that I did not screw up anything.

For the afternoon, I made vendaikai vethal kuzhambu and beans parupu usili. Awesome food again. Since we were both stuffed from the morning, we went out for some chores and had a very late lunch at 6 pm.We did not feel like doing anything else, as HD was exhausted from all the travelling and I was just being my lazy self.Dinner was maggi and milk. We watched some old mokkai thamizh movie until 2 am , after the usual Saturday night phone calls to home. Well, I speak to my mom everyday. So the weekly call was for HD to speak to my parents and for both of us to speak to his parents :).

Sunday:-Woke up lazy and late at 10.30 am .I had planned for pooris and channa for brunch. Again with fresh filter coffee- good !Watched another mokkai movie on TV and got off to go out at 5 pm for an appointment.Guess what? Both of us forgot to take our house keys and just walked out. We were locked out of the house!!So, we called our landlord and he is in bloody Vegas!HD tried his hand at breaking the lock/ the windows etc with no avail. The only hope was the upstairs window, which was open. So we decided to go to the store and buy one of those painters ladders and climb into the window. Just when we were about to leave, Hd wanted to try the kitchen back door one more time. While he was trying to open that, we discovered that the kitchen window was open. So, with a whoop of joy he climbed into the kitchen window and finally opened the door!This was the only excitement of our lazy weekend :)!

By this time, we had already missed our appointment, so we went and celebrated at our favorite Thai restaurant.

8 comments:

Loga said...

i wish i was there to taste ur adai/pooris :-)

Ram Srinivasan said...

I talk to my bro everyday. This is what my sil and he did this weekend.

1. See mokkai padam (K-TV). They call it 'seedy movie'. The two sit and giggle at it. And when I am there I am also expected to sit and watch.

2. Parking lot fight. My sil gets to park inside the complex and my bro parks somewhere else. But if he has to go out on a Sat he is not allowed to use my sils car. He has to walk all the way to his car.
So ore fight.

3. My bro has called everyday Saturday night to India for the last 7 yrs. If he does not call my parents fear the worst. My sil calls everyday.

But one difference. Those goofers go to dinner on Sat night. You go out on Sunday!

I have a feeling I should start calling you s-i-l and DH vada-poda

Mystic Margarita said...

Sounds like a relaxing weekend with a bit of excitement thrown in! :)

Daisy said...

@ loga,
you are very welcome this friday :)

@ OK,
1.ditto- except we watch it on techsatish dot com!

2.ditto- except the poor HD has sort of accepted the parking lot pecking order.The fight was not about the spot.. was about something very very trivial- I don't remember right now.The customary part is - we have a mini tiff in the parking lot all the time !

3.ditto - on his parents fear part.even worse- my parents fear if I don't pick up their call everyday at 7 pm :)

and yeah- we usually go out for dinner on sat.. indha week mattum dhan sunday.. ;)..

u are welcome call us anna and anni or poda and nnni..

when you visit ur bro next( they live in the bay area- illa?), you , me and SK can have a mini meet. yenna solra?

SK said...

Daisy,
idhu no fair. Mouth watering. I want Adai and vatha kozhambu nowwww. :--)

But yeah I do miss such weekends. Couple them with some poker, and its our weekend as well ;--)

And I dont call home every day, my parents are too busy :--((

PS: This is like aaru vidhyasangal :--D

Ram Srinivasan said...

Sure:) My pleasure. Why dont you guys get DH (SK) and HD (Daisy) resp.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Dropped in from SK's.
Wow! its like you took a page out of our life!! Looks like most of us Indian couples in the US live the same kinda life. You know what? When I came home from the airport last weekend, my wife was so excited that she came hurriedly out of the house and locked us out. We had to wait for the security guy for an hour till 12:30 AM to get back into the house. :)

Ram Srinivasan said...

Bah! Updateeeeeeeeeee.