Sunday, November 8, 2009

Experiments- Chicken Salna & chicken drumsticks fry

Chicken salna-This is one dish that brings back memories of home- was never made at home really. We always used to buy parotta-salna from a hotel in my home town. My neighbor back home , C aunty, used to make the most yummy biryani/parotta/salna ever!

Since my pregnancy started I have been averse to too much masala/spices etc.Now that I am in my 7th month, the aversions are finally gone.

I wanted to cook something that reminds me of home- so I made chicken biryani/chicken leg fry/salna.

Chicken salna
1) Marinate chicken pieces ( small ) in chili powder/ginger garlic paste/jeera powder/coriander powder/turmeric powder/little salt/lemon juice.
2) Grind coconut (1/4 of a cup)/green chilies/pepper corn/jeera/sombu/kasa kasa /coriander seeds.
3) Fry Onions/yelakai ( cardamom)/krambu/biryani leaf/pattai (cinamon).
4) Add the ground paste with the spices and fry until the raw smell goes away.
5) Add tomatoes/ marinated chicken/jeera powder/coriander powder /salt/curry leaves.
6) Add lots of water. Add mint leaves and coriander leaves . Let it boil until oil separates and chicken is fully done.

Yummy chicken salna is ready. You can eat this with Parotta or biryani .

Chicken drumsticks fry
This is a recipe from my home. Amma had made this when she was here and it brought back so many childhood memories. Its not the most healthiest of dishes - but definitely one of the tastiest.Its so easy to prepare too.

1) Marinate chicken in yogurt/chili powder/turmeric powder/ pepper powder/ ginger garlic paste/jeera powder/coriander powder and salt.
2) Leave it in the freezer for 30 min- 1 hr.
3) Shallow fry in a deep dish until red

This dish is so simple and so yumm!

4 comments:

Praveen said...

Yummy!
But, I am a vegetarian :P
Hope you are doing good.
Take Care.

SK said...

Wow! Makes my mouth water. :--)
Yes we have moved! When is the baby due?

MK said...

Mouth watering...hey i have plans to go to our hometown btw..and I'l have some authentic "hometown special - u know wht i mean" biryani...yaayayayya..its been years....

SweetJuliet said...

Hey hearty congrats,,,.
Very..very happy for u...