Was generally blog hopping and reading about someone's childhood memories and all the special little things that parents used to do..
Remembered my own childhood -- particularly one incident. Till I was in class 5 (i.e. class 1 to class 5), I had this friend called Kavitha. Very intelligent girl. We always had this on-going competition among us for 1st rank.She almost always got 1st and me second by very few marks.I remmber clearly--in our fifth std, we were both neck to neck and the annual exams would decide who would get the much coveted steel pot, for the 1st rank holder for fifth std.Our class teacher, annouced that I had scored the highest marks and I would receive the prize..I was so damn excited. I had been coveting this "shalini frock"( some frock that baby shalini wore in a movie.. used to be quite the craze!!). My dad promised me that he would buy the frock for me as soon as we came back from my "biggg" annual day. We went to the function--- guess what, my teacher comes up to us and informs us that there was a mistake and Kavitha had actually won the prize.Thats it-- my whole world crashed. I was crying so inconsolably and wanted to go home immediately.My dad tried everything possible to console me and nothing worked. I cried myself to sleep.We were taught to belive that rewards must be earned -- so , I was not even expecting to get that frock.But me being daddy's little princess-- he took me to the store and not bought the "shalini" frock for me , but also matching bangles and earrings! Was quite the thrill of my life... sigh!!I was daddy could wipe away all my disappointments in life!!I know he would, if only he could.
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago