Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One year...

One year of Marriage
One year of being "Mr and Mrs "
One year of being "official"
One year of a long distance marriage
One year of thanking God everyday for my blessings
One year of looking forward to weekends spent with you
One year of lonely week days

but nothing has changed.

You are still the goof ball that I liked when we were crazy teenagers
You are still the calm and confident pillar of strength that gave me courage to face everything that life threw at me
You are still the warm jovial cheerful guy that I fell in love with , all those years ago
You are still my best friend

Like I said to a couple of new people that we met over the weekend
"oo we are classmates and friends !"

Happy Anniversary Darling!

PS:- 24th is our first wedding anniversary and this post is for my HD. The story behind that last line?
Well, a bunch of my friends went to a movie last week. We were joined by 2 new people who didn't know us. So, they asked everyone in the gang, how we knew everybody else. I casually said "oo HD and I were classmates and x is from my grad school and y is x's cousin". hehe! It didn't occur to me to say "HD and I are married and that's how we know each other".:)

13 comments:

Just Like That said...

Hey! Our wedding anniversary is on the 26th, we were classmates and best friends too before the wedding.. :-D, we still are, I guess, if you put aside the daily fights.:-D

SweetJuliet said...

Hi daisy...goodmorning.....
Hearty congrats from me and SR..

Anonymous said...

:) Very sweet post! happy happy anniversary! and hey, read abt his move to your city - really happy for you guys!!

Daisy said...

@ JLT
Wowowow!Happy Anniversary to you too! :)thanks for the wishes..daily fights? arent they part of a "happy" marriage !
@ SJ,
Thanks to you and SR( is that Sweet Romeo)? wow.

@Kodi's mom
hey thanks..

Aryan-Arjun said...

Happy wedding anniversary..daisy..have nice days ahead..
Aryan's mom

SweetJuliet said...

yaa daisy....

Unknown said...

Hey Ruma..I totally missed out on our blog for a while....Shucks!I missed our anniversary!!anyways 3 cheers to a glorious relationship that has always been and for more to come :)..Love - Meena.

Aryan-Arjun said...

Hi .daisy..time for new post
Aryan's mom

Loga said...

New post vendum !!
New post vendum !!
Please :-)

surbhi said...

Wish you a very happy belated anniversary!

I took the liberty of picking up your tag - it was fun :)

Vid said...

Hey RC, I know who you are! :) Howz Bay Area treating u?

Vid said...

I figured it out with your wedding dat, aint that cool! Happy first Wedding Anniversary!

Daisy said...

@ Vid,
pretty cool :)!thanks for the wishes ;)