Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I know I am growing old..

- because the guy at the counter in the shop yells " can someone help this nice lady with her bags please"!! gah! I wouldn't have felt bad, if he had addressed me as a nice girl instead!

- I was seeing a friend's baby for the first time and she said " auntie ku hi-five kudu " ( give hi-five to auntie) .I was standing there not realizing I was the "auntie" she was referring to. The best part- HD asks me 10 min later " who is the auntie she was referring to?".He genuinely did not connect. sigh- at least my husband thinks I am not an auntie yet!!

- My sis talks about some movie or song - and I don't get it.I am not up to data anymore. There is a whole new generation that was born only 5 years after me!

- My sis is telling me about some girl who joined her class in grad school and she goes " x is so old- she is 26!!" .Heck -I am 27 !!!

-A generation that was born in the 90s ( ok -1990) is going to college and driving cars !

- Almost all the girls in my college class are married ( some even have 2 kids!)- now the guys are starting to get married.

-Three of my close friends are pregnant- wow!

13 comments:

Loga said...

I see new posts every day..I'll catch up next week after my vacation :-)

SK said...

:--))
I am in the same boat.
It sucks very much!

But I guess I find some solace in the fact that most people dont assume I am married. ;--)Atleast I dont have that 'married look'.
But anyway, its all in the mind, at the risk of sounding cliched, you are as old as you want to be. :--D So I am forever 21!

~nm said...

Thats such a lovely rainbow picture!!

And lol at the 'auntie' thing :)

Swati said...

Take it easy ..when we were kids ..our funda was ..anyone who is married is aunty. I know how that feels only after i got married and college students call me aunty sometimes :)

Swati said...

I am just 28 you know :(

Dusty Fog said...

if people in their 20's talk about "growing/feeling old" i wonder what some of us ought to eb feeling....: )

Bargavi Karthik said...

I do feel the same when i talk to my sister..there is one another young generation after us:))

By Deepa and Supriya said...

what do you want me to do , curl up and die??
i mean, if 27 is old...then what about me, oh well....I am OLD!!

Shobana said...

Swati, me too...I am just 28:) unlike the hubby who is in his mid thirties...he he he :)))

Daisy said...

all,
thanks- I know I shouldnt be cribbing about my age :).Its the sudden change of attitude thats hard to take.

Aryan-Arjun said...

heei...Even I am 27..it is ok yaar,,,Aryan calls you daisy akka..
AM

Ram Srinivasan said...

Do you remember that ad? "Hello Anju aunty..." Some hair dye ad:).

Ram Srinivasan said...

I did a quick check. Most of the links in the right corner are of women with kids. Somebody is actually old:). Kidding.