********************************
I might be going to India for 2 weeks or so for work :). Please pray- knowing my company they might cancel my trip anytime.If I do end up going, I would get to go home for a week.A WHOLE week at home.********************************
We went white water rafting with friends- was so much fun.Anything to do with water- I am all enthu about it. This is my second time - so wasnt that scared.
********************************
I think Obama is so charismatic - he is such an inspiring leader.I hate Hillary Clinton though- ! yeah! like my opinion counts :(.********************************
I have these really random memories from childhood.I am taking up this tag from OK.I remember fighting with my mom about something- telling her that I am leaving home( I think I was 8).For some weird reason, I decided to take my sister along with me ( she was 3). We took our school bags , 2 javvarisi(Semolina) vadams each and went to the front porch. I instructed my sister to eat one small bit of javvarisi every day-so we can survive for a long time with the 4 vadams!! I know- infallible logic :)
When I was in LKG- this one kid was fighting with me trying to box me on to the floor. Another cute boy came to my rescue and we both pushed the burly kid out of the class room- yeah full tamil movie ishtyle.
I remember being in UKG, when my my best friend(a boy) got a baby brother and he was all sad that the attention was being poured on his baby brother. I remember telling him that I felt the same way when my sister was born.
When I was in 2nd standard,my dad gave me a musical bday card. I took it to school and showed off to everyone and (by mistake) placed it in another girl's bag.I cried and cried till the teacher found the card for me.
I was 5 , when my sister was born and I thought she looked very ugly.
When we moved to our new house and got our own bedroom( I was 10 and my sis was 5), we were so scared to sleep on the first day. Amma thought we had fallen asleep. We did not- I was telling my sister that ghosts weren't real, I wasn't so sure myself though :)
I was 8- amma , me and sis were lying on the floor at my grandparents' place. It was a very hot afternoon.I thought amma was asleep. I was talking to myself and telling amma that my mama and cousins were very lucky because they lived in the US. Amma wasn't sleeping- she asked me about it later.
I remember being very happy about getting first rank-in 2nd standard. The price was a big kodam * eye roll*
When I was like 8 0r 9, I remember wearing 2 plaits, a lot of malligai poo and waiting for the rickshaw to go to school
This one is not a memory- more of a funny(?) incident. When my sis was 10, my aunt wrote her a letter-my sister corrected all her grammatical mistakes and sent it back to her! yeah- she is like that :)
12 comments:
Hi daisy...
logging after long time...
Belated birthday wishes..(oohh u born on vishu day..gr8)...
My prayers to u...for ur india visit...
and this post s one of ur best ..and i enjoyed and laughed..........
LOL at javarisi logic & sending back the letter with the mistakes corrected....
Did that aunt write letters after that??[merely curious]:-0
LOL about the javarsi. Amazing how the brain works at that age :)
And come to India do ! *fingers crossed*
Ha! The javarsi vadam bit was sooo cute. In fact, this is by far the cutest post among all those who tagged.
-Ok
P.S. I have corrected emails and sent them back:).
@SJ,
thanks- yep! was born Vishu days :)
fingers crossed on the India thingie.
@ Lavs,
hehe- yeah this aunt(athai) is very close to us ,.. so she knew about my sister and her ways :)
@
poppins,
thanks- fingers crossed on the trip :)
@ OK,
"Vashishtar vayila Bhramha Rishi" pattam.. Thank you sir..
and BTW- my sis was 10.. I hope u have a better excuse for your email correctings!
What does Darshadally mean?
-Ok
i really enjoyed all your childhood anecdotes. wish you were in a rambling mood more often :)
interesting....
I was 5 , when my sister was born and I thought she looked very ugly.
LOL
your childhood was cute :)
Hi ..first time here ..loved reading ur childhood memories ..so innocent and straightforward :)
NC,
thanks!!
Varsha,
hey - urs was even cuter..
Neera,
Welcome!
Post a Comment