There was this charming lady in my office. She was our administrative assistant( for our group).She was very well liked and extremely patient.Then one day, she discovered that she had lung cancer. She had to stop coming to work in Jan and was hospitalized the last few days. There was a broadcast email to everyone in our team last week, saying that she was in the hospital. A couple of my colleagues and I decided to go and visit her this week.One thing or the other kept coming up( meetings/customer visits/ conf calls) and we kept pushing the visit.
She passed away yesterday.
I FEEL LIKE CRAP!
What kind of people have we become? We gave importance to meetings over someone who was dying and would have been very happy to see us? I always thought of myself as a very sensitive and caring person. I am ashamed of myself.
This lady- who was constantly on her toes to try and get our flights right, to get us conference rooms, to get our meals, to get our gifts to customers..... she is no more today...and I did not take an hour out of my so-called busy schedule to visit her!!!!
I am a MORON!
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment