Tuesday, May 8, 2007

some old ghosts and some caspers!

A childhood friend and I were forced to stop talking to each other, because her parents thought I was a bad influence on her. Well, they have their reasons.I was this crazy free spirited 16 year old on a mission to "free" every one of my friends from controlling parents. My dear parents are fairly free spirited and did not believe in controlling me too much.Anyway, without going into too many details,her mom decided that I was not a good influence on her.So that was that. We had been best friends for about 6 years and one fine day it all just stopped .All through college I missed her-I tried to get in touch with her, but was not brave enough to face her or her mom.My mom, many a times, after I graduated used to tell me that I should make peace- not because she wanted justice, but because in her mind it was too silly a quarrel to hold on to for life.Recently, after almost 10 years, I spoke to her online.I sent her a detailed email and opened my heart out to her.She , now living alone, told me that she understood me .She had understood my intentions even then. But I guess she understood where her conservative parents came from too.I am happy we made peace.I do feel bad that we missed each other for 10 years- but I do not want to blame anyone for it.

There are some other friendships I would rather not mend--a guy friend I trusted too much and that ended in a such a disappointing note,a girl who I thought was my best friend, until she revealed her true colors.

Then, I have true friends who I cherish to date.

First and foremost my dear most HD- has been through it all with me. We were best of friends in college and still are! I wont go into more details about him and will save it for another special post.

My best friend from college- U.U and I clicked instantly. The moment we met in the girls hostel as confused 18 year old freshmen (women?).We have close ever since. She has stood by me , counseled me , cheered me up and has been proud of me all along. When either of us is down, we immediately email/ call /chat with the other and that works wonders- though we live half a world apart now.We can talk for hours to the point that we drive our husbands over the wall.

There are tons of other friends I am thankful for- There is not enough time or space in this blog for doing justice to all of them.

So there- my old ghosts and some nice caspers too :)

2 comments:

MK said...

Not a ghost anymore.Bring me bac to life :)

Daisy said...

@ Meena,
you realize that you inspiration for this post?
I did bring you back to life and I am happy I did!