1)Rain in summer- I know this sounds too cliched and dreamy.Its true! I love dancing in the rain in summer.Water bodies anywhere for that matter- the sea,lakes, swimming pools, falls.
2)Chocolate- in any form. The darker, the better.
3)Saturday nights spent with amicable company, playing games, enjoying good food- especially if I don't have to cook or clean ;).
4)Nostalgia-school/college memories triggered by old pictures/movies/music.
5)Family moments recalled by sis and me-Random unimportant things that we would both remember for no reason at all.
6) Enjoying a peaceful afternoon with the HD- just lounging on the couch and not doing anything in particular.
7)Babies- I am crazy about babies.
8) A long and happy call with the parents and sis when all we do is talk nonsense/ gossip.
9) Shopping!
10) Singing with my sis and cousins- all those stupid songs ( like Strawberry kanne ;)).
11)One of those days when the HD is especially nice and mushy-:).
12) A sense of achievement that comes from completing something at work. A word of appreciation, when least expected.
13)Surprises- any kind- small or big :)
Leaving you with my favorite song( pun intended ) from Sound of Music...
My Favorite Things
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;
These are a few of my favorite things.
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
10 comments:
Hello there,
Commenting for the first time.
Enjoyed reading your blog.
I love this song :--)
It does help to count our blessings when we are feeling blue!
Rain in summer is the loveliest thing...good you wrote down your blessings...
AM
first time here daisy! and cheer up!
neat way to get out of gloom! counting your blessings indeed!
Will you believe this????I am writing the same post and its been sleeping in there for a while....
will publish soon...
nice list though...u may not be in for a surprise when u c mine....its pretty much similar :)
Sk,
welcome :)I know- i love all the songs form the Sound of Music.. what a charming movie!
Aryan's mom,
Yep- it did help :)
@orchie,
oo I definitely cheered up..welcome to my blog :)
@ MK,
I will belive it when I see the post on ur blog..
Daisy! Very very cliched. Almost all the points. Is there something that makes you happy that is not a source of joy to anybody else? No eccentricites?
-Ok
ooye Ok- adi vanga pore..
hows all this a source of joy for someone else.. or do you mean someone else being a source for my joy?
Though it may sound cliched- it is honest.. I guess I am predictable..
eccentricites.. hmm good question.. maybe it merits a seperate post..
You have so many lovely favorite things - so many potential ways to cheer up. I don't think I can come up with a list half as long as yours!
The song is as beautiful as ever. Reminds me that beauty is plentiful and simple.
Hope you are feeling better now :)
I mean if you randomly pick a person and ask him if he/she likes any of these his/her answer will be you a big 'Yes!'.
-Ok
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment