the following things..
1) "you have put on weight- you should really watch it "
Sometimes , this comes from an aunty who hasn't seen me since I was 15!! For Gods sake, its called "aging" people. Really, do you think I am not aware of the fact that I look "healthy" to put it euphemistically?
2) "Hows married life treating you?"
Don't get me wrong- I am quiet happy. If anything, the poor HD needs to be asked :)- but there is no satisfying answer you can give to this one. Tell them " its good" and they say " really?". What do they expect me to say" I hate my husband and I am thinking of separating " ??
3) "Wow! you have been married over a year now- when are you going to tell us the good news"-
This one gets my goat EVERY freaking time a random relative, aunt, aunt's friend asks me.
We have our own life and priorities- don't we? we know when to plan a family. You have no business forcing it on me. I mean, once you have told them that you aren't planning to start a family right away, they should know not to butt in- right? No! same question every single time.
4) "Good- you remembered us atleast now"
This is from not-too-close relatives, who I am made to call up, by Mom or MIL , because they crib about how we never call.Argh! what do they think? thay we have money goriwng in trees? It is an international call for Godsake.Why would I call them evry week, if we werent that close to them to begin with?More importantly, atleast I made the call - didnt I? why cant they make the call to us?
5)"Every thing is so easy for you in the US"
yeah right!come here and you will know. Most Indian homes have (more than one) household help. It is not easy managing a home with no help- really. The HD and I sometimes just drop in the couch with exhaution and we are in an apartment!! I dont even want to think what will happen when we get our own place.
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
12 comments:
i do really irritated..when sumbody tells that ooh...ur tummy..increasing day by day..and goen on..decribing....
i also asked to my frinds..how s the life after marriage??..
to know and enjoy ...and to takepart in their happiness.But is it that much irritated qn?
ooh then i shud be careful before asking such a qn!!!!..
Good news...arrgghhh..that's the one Q that makes me take Surpanakai avataram.
Thanks for the note, Daisy! Very much alive but too lazy to kick :-D
LOL! Ok, US not applicable. But every other one gets my goat too. And here's another one- I can barely raise my son in the midst of balancing work and home and you have these loving souls who ask you... isn't it time Sonny boy had a companion? Gah! That's why I send him to school- for companions in addition to other things.
Ahhh..I totally agree with point number 3 and 4. Man that is so irritating question. When someone asked me ahh atlast you remebered me and called, i replied back saying that you say such things and that is the reason I don't call you..I got very irritated...
AM
So very true. All equally annoying and somehow universal questions! This is why I already keep my distance from all relations who could potentially torture me when the time comes :)
:) I have a good, though rude, answer for
Ques: ""Every thing is so easy for you in the US".
Ans: Yes, it is a pleasure to live in the US. I am really sorry you were lazy and not sufficiently smart to get to the US of A.
Did you read preethis blog. She has a bit on loosing weight:).
:) looks like u r blessed with loads and loads of relatives hovering over ur head :D.
Most of my friends keep complaining abt the same things as u :D
@SJ,
no no.. its all in the tone that irks me.. when some ppl really expecxt some negative answer...
@CW,
LOL @ surpanakai avathara,..
good to see you back here
@JLT,
hehe..
Yeah- i guess the companion qn comes once you have one kid..
@Aryan's mom
I getr irritated too.. just cant get the courage to give it back like you did..
@NC,
hmm.. good strategy!
@OK,
hmm very good.. but too rude for practical purposes. :) have you ever actually used it?
Nope- will go over and read preethi's blog..
@Praveen,
yeah yeah.. i attract them like bees...
Gone thru similar situations, but all I did was smile sheepishly without saying anything :-) One more to add is "How is your husband and in laws treating you?"
LOL - Good "I hate this" list.
Param
LOL - Good "I hate this" list.
Param
Post a Comment