Thanks to all the encouragement from Friends- I have decided that it is afterall worth blogging :).
Here goes my first Travelogue.HD(Hubby Darling) and I went to NY for Easter.Boy was it cold!!. It all started on thursday evening.
Thursday evening:-
I rushed out from work at 4 pm( felt guuuuuuuuuud) to SJC . Checked in bags to my short (50 min ;) ) trip to LA.I always love to buy books while travelling. Actually, I always love to buy anything while travelling- no, I just love to buy.Period!Anyways, I bought this book called " Daddy's little girl" by Mary Higgins Clark.I am a total sucker for emotional thrillers. I was totally hooked on to the book.Arrived at LAX at 6.15 pm. Our flight our from LAX was at 8.25 pm. I had ample time. HD was supposed to join me in the airport by 7 pm.So, I sat there reading my book, happily.I don't notice time passing on--- I casually look at my watch and it is 7.35 pm!! I panicked and called HD on his cell phone. He says he is stuck in traffic and will be at the airport in 10 min. I don't understand men. You know how LA traffic is and it is the thursday before a long weekend..Why cant you leave early?
Anyway, by the time he landed in the airport, it was already 7.50 pm and they wont let us check in our bags.Thankfully, we had only carry-on size bags. So we took all our liquids/ gels out and handed it over to HD's friend ( who drove him to the airport) and proceed. We finally got to our seats and settled down.I was dying to get back to my book and I do that the minute we sit down. HD gives me one hateful glance that says " there goes all the romance.. she likes the book better " and settled down with some music.I ignore him and continue to read.hehe.The story is so gripping and the book is "unputdownable".The poor HD went to sleep ,having nothing else to do. He woke once in between and tried to ask me to switch off the light ( @ around 2.30 am ;) ).On seeing my mournful face, he just turns to the other side and lets me read on.I happily read and read and finish my book at around 3.00 am.1 more of flight and we land :)
Friday:
We landed in NYC at around 6.30 am EST.We took a rental car and drove to the airport( after arguements over renting a GPS ofcourse!).Our rooms weren't ready and so we freshened up in the hotel guest lobby and ate breakfast. Finally our rooms were ready at around 8.30 am. We were both so tired from the lack of sleep and time difference, that we just crashed on the bed. We then woke up at around 2 pm and drove down to NJ to meet our friend S.From there the 3 of us drove to Niagara falls, which is a good 6 hours away. The 2 guys took turns driving and I was happily "directing" them from the back seat and taking naps. We reached Niagara falls at around 11 pm. Went to the hotel, checked in and rushed out to see the " Niagara by night" show. As luck may have it, because of the low temperature, they did not have the show. So, the 2 guys and a dejected girl went back to the hotel and slept. All this while, HD tried to pacify me saying that, I would be going on the famous "Maid of the Mist" cruise the next day.We all went to sleep after watching CSI Miami for some time.
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
5 comments:
Hey Rums,
Awesome Blog girl...you rock...I thouroughly enjoyed reading each one of them...I just cant wait for you to finish your travelogue...hmm hopefully I will find the time and interest to Blog someday as well....Sri
Thanks Sri- I just needed a llllllllitttttttttle bit of pushing to get my next post out ;)...
Wow! Nice long trip!!
Oh ya..that was really gud.....so here we are representing this year award for best blog girl to you..he he..
Hey,coincidentally even I read Daddy's little girl on my trip to Niagara.We went in Sept and the weather sucked.It was cold and cloudy all the days we were there
:(
Post a Comment