The whole world is wearing Maroon and Orange for showing their support to VT.Even my favorite blogger wrote about the agony and the pain.
I am not a mom- but my sister about to enter grad school next year and it makes a chill run down my spine to hear about innocent young boys and girls murdered.Like anyone who has recently graduated( OK- almost 3 years ago), I have a huge network of friends . Inevitably, I do have friends of friends who went /go to school @ VT.In fact the Indian girl Minal ,who was killed , was a friend's friend. The pain is so real.. so close to home and to my heart.My heart goes out to all the parents/families/friends/spouses who lost a loved one in this tragedy.
It is excruciatingly painful, when a loved one, especially a young person, is prematurely snatched away from life.I have experienced this first hand in my life. My mom's little sister died in a road accident when she was only 15.Though my aunt died long before I was born, my mom has always been stigmatized by my aunt's untimely death.Every November 7th, I have seen amma unusually silent . She donates something to a poor young girl every year on that day.I have even caught her crying--even after nearly 30 years.My aunt was the baby in a family of 4 siblings.They all doted over her.She was my grandparents' favorite and from my mom's description of her, she would have been a fun aunt to have around.
I have been told multiple times that I bear an uncanny resemblance to my aunt.Sometimes it makes me happy- to think that I look like someone who was so loved.Sometimes, I worry that I bring back bad memories to my mom.
My aunt died because of a senseless driver's rash driving.She was just a happy teenager , who was looking forward to her big sister's wedding(my mom was dating my dad when my aunt passed away).
The death of a much loved young person never heals fully.I know my mom is still grieving. I know my grand mom never fully recovered from that tragedy.
I pray for all the sisters and brothers who lost their wonderful siblings.I pray for the mothers and fathers who have to live to see their child being buried.
I also pray for the gun man's family- who not only lost a child, but have to see the whole world turn against their son . They have to live everyday of their lives, thinking if they could have and should have done something to prevent this tragedy.
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
1 comment:
This is truly unique- to think of the gun man's parents. But very true- they must be so devastated- they'd be too ashamed to seek comfort too.. Sad..
You are a very generous person, Daisy.:-)
Post a Comment