I am soooooooooo happy!
I had my focal review for last year and my old boss rated me as "OUTSTANDING" which is a rank 1 -which is the highest you can get in my company!!!
So, here is the story- my boss calls me for my review and gives me the number( you know the moolah.. the raise and oh no I am not telling you how much it was :)) .
Boss- "you happy?"
Me- "of course, but where is my review?"
Boss- " oh how does it matter? its the money that counts... of course you were good"
He then shoves me a sheet of paper - I look at it and it is my formal focal review with my rating and he rated me as Rank1.
Boss- " of course , you are in the top. Lady, let me teach you something- its ALWAYS the money that counts"
Me- " Well, Thanks for the money- I love it. I still would like to know my rating"
Boss-" How does it matter? what if I told you that you were outstanding, but you don't get a raise"
Me-" In that case, it is better than no raise and no rating. At least I would know that you think I am pretty good , but cant offer me money because of company finances or economy or what ever"
What do you think people? I do believe in what I told him.As long as I make enough money for a comfortable life, I think I am OK.Don't get me wrong-I am not against earning more money..Oh no :)- but I do value feedback more than the money.
*************************************************************************************
In other news, I have been hitting gym regularly for the last 3 days ;) . I want to keep fit- I know I don't have any stamina and need to improve for sure.I used to take morning walks until December.It became too cold after that. I haven't done anything( except for the 1 hr a week dancing) about physical fitness after that. Hopefully, this will sustain.
*************************************************************************************
The Tibetan crisis has been in the news recently. I cant believe that we still have some form of colonialism in the 21st century!China is not only keeping Tibet controlled, they have been eyeing our own Arunachal Pradesh as well. Now that the Beijing Olympics are nearing, China would want to appear in positive light in the World's eyes- So go on and sign this petition to help Tibetans and the Dalai Lama's cause.
http://www.avaaz.org/en/tibet_end_the_violence/52.php?cl=66033783
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
18 comments:
Congrats for your raise and outstanding performance...Sometimes the feedback really matters than most other things :-)..Enjoy the evening :-)
Hearty Congrats, happy for u. :) as u said such form of rating and appreciation is what drives us towards achieving more in life.
Good luck for more.
Congrats for the outstanding performance dear..keep doing the best..
AM
Hey congrats for the outstanding performance...
Valuable feedback wins over money..
Oyeeee..congratssssssss.....:)
am very happy for u....
ok coming to ur question...when i get a lot of money for sth i dont deserve,i feel a 'slight' pang of guilt.When I get less money for sweating blood,I have a bad instinct to resign the next moment.
BUT..BUT.. I'd value money over feedback.....depends on who is giving the feedback...and how much i value him....unfortunately,i never had a good manager all thru my career.....Believe it or not,I had a open quarrel with my lead in front of the whole team the day i quit my first company..in my second company,my manager pissed me off so much that i had to yell at her and say sth like 'Will you plz shut up?'
But I remember ,in my first appraisal,I told my manager,"i dont deserve this rating,plz give me the next lower one" :))))))
........so the moral of the story is,u've got reasons piling up to treat me :))
Thanks everyone :)I am quite a "bragger" aint I ;) ?
MK,
hmm too bad! I have only worked for one boss and now I moved to a different team.I absolutely adore my old boss and the new one is pretty good too. So, a praise coming from my old boss who I respect and look upto, means a lot to me.
ConGRATulations!!!!
Thats great news and am veRRRRRy happy for you- for the money and for the ranking both!:-D
Congratulations! I don't remember ever being called OUTSTANDING! That's super cool!!!
Nice going! :) Congrats.
JLT& Rads,
thank you.
@ Nc,
My mom says "you and your sis never got anything like this in high school/college- America calls you OUTSTANDING".. exazzzzzzztly.. wait till you start working- lifes more fun!
JLT& Rads,
thank you.
@ Nc,
My mom says "you and your sis never got anything like this in high school/college- America calls you OUTSTANDING".. exazzzzzzztly.. wait till you start working- lifes more fun!
LOL ROFL at your Mom's comment. Moms are like that !
Hi Ramya... Congrats !!! happy for u :)
hey good going! :) Congrats
Daisy...how do I get in touch with you over email? Could you mail me pls? tharinid@gmail.com
Thanks.
knock, knock!
Congrats! Lets hope you get the same rating next year from your new boss:).
And, do tell China if they come close to Arunachal Pradesh `Pang seer aiyudum'!
Maybe we can consider giving them Bihar.
-Ok
Post a Comment