Participants :
Me(pretty obvious huh?).
Other Desi girl(ODG) at work.
Another girl(AG).
Young Clueless guy(YCG)- ODG AG and me tend to "mother hen" him all the time.
Some others who-don't-contribute-as-much.
Talk revolves around jewelry..
YCG:- So, tell me, is it true that you have to buy an engagement ring that is 3X your salary?
ODG:- of course, that is the RULE.
Me:- unwritten , but golden rule( pun intended ;))
AG:- yeah YCG, start saving up and the rule is 3X your salary before tax !!
YCG:- ok, so is that the only time I HAVE to do this?
Me:-Of course not, you have anniversaries and birthdays..
AG:- but it doesn't have to be 3X your salary all the time.
YCG:- No way! I never did that when I was dating (he is single now).
ODG:- yeah! do you ever wonder WHY you are single? (you get the point about mothering now ..:))
YCG:- but I will show her "blood diamond" and tell her it is cruel to buy 'em diamonds.
Me:- There are other options- certified diamonds that aren't mined in gruelling conditions, rubies, pearls, platinum, artificial diamonds...
YCG:- but what if my girl doesn't LIKE jewelry?
Me, ODG and AG:- there is no such girl :)
YCG:- speechless for a bit.So, I should get engaged as soon as possible, because my salary is only going to increase , if I wait longer?
ODG:- you have to find a girl for that bozo !
Me:- we girls are really blessed you know..
AG:- yeah! I like being a girl...
ODG:- hmm.. I want to be a girl in my next birth too :)
YCG:-after some pondering yeah! but you guys have to push an 8 pounder through your thing y'know!
Me,AG & ODG:-Speechless, because we are not used to a come-back from YCG!!!
Count Dracula- Book Review
4 years ago
8 comments:
LOL! :))
That was an awesome comeback! He isn't that clueless after all eh? :D
lol...............
outrageously funny! i guess "come back" is cos of "mothering"! ;)
@Rads,
Welcome :)!i guess he has learnt from all the "mothering" he gets..
@Di,
:) yeah! guess so..
Lol :-)
Lol :-)
Hey First time here, Good corner.
ROFL... Awesome come back by that YCG... I dnt thnk anymore he is clueless. Do u thnk so?
@ CM-chap,
welcome!yeah.. I guess he has "finally" learnt something..
Kodi's mom and Loga,
yeah ! ROTFL indeed!
ROFL! Not quite the YCG, is he? Knew enough for that repartee anyway.. :-)Loved this!
Post a Comment