Friday, March 21, 2008

The week that was

- Sister Came and went- Three days is definitely NOT ENOUGH TIME!We went to Napa valley for a day. That was a lot of fun.

-Moved to the new position. I also moved cubes today, to the new group's floor( one floor below). Since this is my first job change, it felt very very strange. My (old) boss is a wonderful person and he used to look out for me since the very beginning. I joined the team when there were just 4 people ( now there are 35 !) and I joined as an intern , fresh out of graduate school.He taught me everything I know today. Since I was the youngest in the team when I joined, he treated me like a kid and moulded me into what I am today. He knew my career interests and that's why he recommended me to this position, when the opening came.God! I feel like I am moving from home to an unknown city:). I know I am being dramatic- but I am like that !
My old team mates are too cute.They keep coming down to my new cube and saying that they miss me upstairs. We have this routine of microwaving pop corn on Fridays. The guys called me upstairs for it , because they miss my popcorn craze!The old place was full of life and noisy! The new place is sooooooooooooo quiet.Gah!

I am sure I will get settled here , once the job kicks in.It feels weird though..

-The cake class with Loga is amazing fun. I know I need to post pictures of my cake- I am just lazy..

- Hubby is feeling a little under the weather- hope he recovers soon!

- Have a fun weekend y'all!

12 comments:

surbhi said...

good luck in the new cube!

please no more cake pics - it's torturous for starving kids like me :( unless you can ship it over here :)

Loga said...

Cool template...Looks very good :-)

Unknown said...

hey
cud u tell me how to adjust the header and the title? like i had only a title b4, but now i have put some header( pic ) and managed to put the title with the header. but its not gettinh adjusted within the box. wat do i do?

Ram Srinivasan said...

Wooo! Sexy tempelate. And hmmm you must be really nice. Why would people come and ishify so much otherwise.

SweetJuliet said...

hey new dress ....to ur blog...
cool....

Aryan-Arjun said...

Hi..new template looks good. Enjoy your new position also...

Daisy said...

@NC,
You are goin home in 2 moths- wat are u complaning abt??!! come to Ca and I will force feed you..

@Loga/Sj/Aryan's mom,
Thanks!

@Sanjay,
I just adjusted my pic size in picassa till it fit..

@ OK,
welcome back- I am guessing that they just miss my non-stop chatter- nice or otherwise :)

surbhi said...

Two months is a long time. I'm hungry 24/7.
Prepare the bait - i'll be there in CA in no time ;)

Praveen said...

Hi Daisy...cool template, but why is that seashore still there???? doesnt suit here :D

MK said...

hey Rums..very nice template...btw is that you in the pic???

Just Like That said...

Good luck with your new cube/job:-)

Daisy said...

NC,
anytime!
NK,
iyooda.. its from the template..
JLT,
thank you!
Praveen,
hmm I kinda like the pic.