Sunday, March 2, 2008

Closure

People always talk about "closure". I could never relate to it.I thought it was one of those neo-western concepts. Like "Restless leg syndrome" ;).No offense.I experienced it first hand two days ago.

I wrote about a childhood friend in this post . After I resumed talking to her, as fate would have it, she ended up in the US and then ended up in the SAME CITY as me !She has been here for almost 4 months now ( 5?). We kept making plans to meet up-never followed through.something or the other kept preventing us.We finally met this weekend. She came home with her fiance. I felt weird in the beginning, but soon all the "weirdness" vanished and we were chatting like we never missed a beat.Hd, being the gracious chatterbox that he is , engaged her shy fiance in cricket/career conversation.It was a very nice feeling. We chatted about old friends/made jokes about our teachers from school/ common friends.Ate a cheerful dinner and parted with promise of meeting up again.
She is getting married to this wonderful/shy and delightful person , who obviously makes her happy.

The best part- when we were driving back home after dropping them off, HD asks " are you sure this is the friend you hadn't spoken to/met up with in 10 years?" :).

I guess this is what they call closure.

2 comments:

MK said...

hahahhahaha...guess wat..he askd me the same question too....''is she the one you stopped talking to 10 yrs bac" ...hahahahah....seriously i was surprised myself :)))

Daisy said...

@MK.
:)! I was surprised too :)